The generosity of our donors is felt throughout the entire Louisiana Tech campus. That is the beauty of inclusion. As a campus we have made a commitment to inclusive excellence and are excited to invite our donors into the journey of making Louisiana Tech a more inviting welcoming environment for everyone. The newly formed Inclusion Initiatives and Student Success Department works toward ensuring the inclusion and equity of all students, faculty and staff. The initiatives include training, programming, resources, policy development and assessment, scholarship opportunities, and the work of the Office of Multicultural Affairs.
The Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA) is designed to enhance the educational experience of a multi-cultural student population and to increase their retention and graduation rates through scholarships and support services on academic, financial, personal, and career matters; academic interventions and innovations; needs assessment; referrals to on-campus and off-campus resources; promoting and providing campus-wide educational and cultural programming in support of diversity and inclusion; and multicultural community-building activities for students, staff, and faculty.
Through your gifts, we are able to provide these unparalleled experiences. Curious how your support directly impacts students? Here are just a few examples:
- Sponsor diverse and inclusive programming
- Provides scholarships for students’ success
- Purchases training materials for students, faculty and staff
- Helps to send students to conferences that promote leadership and academic success
- Provides scholarships for students living in our OMA Living Learning Community
- Allows for continuous software and hardware upgrades the Quiet Study Room
- Provides support for staff and faculty to participate in train the trainer programs
- Open the LGBTQ+ Resource Center
When we say your gift matters, we mean it. These, and dozens of other examples, cannot happen without the financial support donors provide to the Department of Inclusion Initiatives and Student Success. Will you support our students and faculty today by making a gift on this Giving Day? With your help, we will continue to educate the next generation of inclusive leaders for our state and nation.